1:1 iPad Program
1:1 iPad Program
Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Primary School continue to look at ways in which we can further enhance the quality and standard of education through the use of technology.
Today’s children are growing up in a world where technology is a part of life and will form not only an important part of their education, but will inevitably be an important part of their future careers.
Students in Years 4 – 6 participate in a 1:1 Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) iPad program. The iPad is used to enhance learning, with a focus on creativity.
In order to suit varying budgets, parents are required to source their own iPad for their child.
Please note the following:
- An iPad 7th Generation or higher will suffice. The iPad must have the AirDrop function. A cellular connection is not required. The children will be utilising cloud technology to their files, so it is not necessary to purchase an iPad with 64GB; a 32GB will suffice.
- Please ensure you buy a screen protector and a quality protective case with a front cover for your child’s iPad. You may like to view the school iPad cases in order to get an idea of what you can buy. It would be beneficial to purchase a case that allows the iPad to stand up on an angle on the desk and lay flat.
- Please provide headphones that can be used with your child’s iPad.
- You may want to provide a waterproof satchel to store their iPad in as it is carried to school in their bag.
- As the purchase and download of apps is the responsibility of the family, please budget for approximately. Approximately $20.00 to be spent on apps over the course of the year.
Downloading the apps required for school is the responsibility of each family. Should you require assistance downloading the required apps please contact your child’s teacher.
The apps required for the commencement of the 2023 school year are listed below.
- Book Creator for iPad
- ChatterPix Kids
- Draw and Tell HD
- Epic – Kids’ Books & Reading
- Google Earth
- Kahoot! Play & Create Quizzes
- Microsoft Authenticator
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Whiteboard
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft OneNote
- Minecraft: Education Edition
- PicCollage EDU Collage Maker
- Seesaw Class
- Stop Motion Studio
- Tayasui Sketches School